Who Me?

Alright...I admit it. I can be negative sometimes. There I said it. Confession can be good for the soul.

If you've noticed the negative bent in my blog posts, I won't deny it. Maybe I'm using a blog to vent some frustrations and to learn how to become more positive.

I don't have any trouble being positive at work. I enjoy counseling others through their fears and low moments in life. I can see their progress and celebrate the journey with them.

What I am falling prey to is the negativity bias. It is a human leaning toward finding the drama or flair in that with which we disagree. Saying what I don't believe in is easier than saying what I do believe in. In fact, I can sniff out religious propaganda faster than a televangelist can ask for money "in the name of the Lord"! But this hair trigger can lead me down a very negative path.

My hope is to become less charged by the negativity I see in Western religion and right-wing politics so I can evaluate it from a more rational and worldcentric position. I would like to find value in the thought processes of those who are behind me in their evolutional thought development and help to pull them forward just as others challenge my thinking and beckon me to the edge of understanding to reveal new and personally undiscovered worlds waiting for their paths to be explored.

Paul Kolak
11/15/15

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: The Divine Dance by Richard Rohr

"Unchurching" Book Review

Knowledge: A Primer